Penske Truck Rental recently teamed up with SpareFoot to help its truck rental customers find a fast and easy way to locate affordable self-storage options in one simple place online.
SpareFoot’s expert tips can help you find the right self-storage facility and unit for your needs, and ensure your valuables stay safe, secure and well organized once you are ready to move.
1. Do your research with a trusted self-storage finder like SpareFoot.
2. Reserve a storage unit well in advance.
3. Donate or toss unneeded possessions before you store.
5. Know your facility— Is there 24-hour access? Is it secure? What move-in equipment is provided?
6. Place items you’ll need to access quickly toward the front of your unit, and create a walkway to access items in back.
8. Buy storage renter insurance at the facility, or use your homeowner policy.
10. Maintain a list of your unit’s inventory.
— Penske Moving (@PenskeMoving) August 8, 2012
By “Move Ahead” Staff