Furniture, flat-screen TV, clothing, bike – no matter what’s on the college student’s back-to-school list, Penske Truck Rental can help move them safely and affordably in one easy trip.
The experts at Penske Truck Rental offer college students these helpful moving tips:
- Select the Right Truck. Most college students rent a 12- or 16-foot Penske truck to move their belongings into a college dorm, apartment or house. Consumers receive free unlimited miles on all one-way rentals.
- Show Your College I.D. Save 10 percent when you show your college I.D. Plus, save an additional 10 percent by reserving a truck online or an additional 12 percent with a AAA discount (save up to a combined 20 percent discount).
- Reserve Early. Be sure to reserve your rental truck at least two weeks in advance to accommodate the heightened back-to-school moving season. According to the Institute of Education Sciences, nearly 20 million U.S. students will be college-bound this fall.
- Gather Supplies. To protect your belongings, purchase boxes of varying sizes, packing tape, bubble wrap, moving blankets and other moving supplies at a Penske location near you. Or, order materials online at your convenience.
- Get Some Help from our Moving Partners. Penske’s moving partners offer everything from storage and moving help to hotel and home improvement discounts. Move with Penske and get more than just a truck.
- Tweet Us. Stay connected to Penske @PenskeCares for questions before your big move or for any concerns on moving day.
- Say “Cheese” and Win Big. Win $100 for back-to-school supplies simply by snapping a picture of a Penske through the Penske Truck Photo Sweepstakes. Just take a picture of a Penske truck and email it to us for a chance to win one of four $100 gift cards to Staples.
Visit GoPenske.com for additional tips for a successful college move.
— Penske Moving (@PenskeMoving) August 13, 2012
By Kandace Wertz