Experts from Penske Logistics will have a strong presence this month at the Council of Supply Chain Management Professional’s (CSCMP) Global Conference in Denver at the Colorado Convention Center. In addition to Penske serving as a major global sponsor, four Penske executives will be featured on major session presentations, and the company is seeking new supply chain talent during the conference’s recruitment day.
Here is the schedule of Penske events.
Monday, October 21:
- 2014 18th Annual Third Party Logistics Study: The State of Logistics Outsourcing: Authored by Dr. C. John Langley, Penn State University professor, the forward-looking study researches important issues and trends in logistics outsourcing, allowing shippers and providers to understand one another better and work more effectively together. The study’s sponsors are Penske Logistics Capgemini Consulting, Penn State’s Center for Supply Chain Research, Korn/Ferry International, and media partner eyefortransport.This year’s themes include developing smart growth leaders, preferential sourcing trends, the use of big data in the supply chain, and the growth and evolution of 3PL relationships. Sherry Sanger, Penske’s senior vice president of marketing will participate as a panelist. This is the first year that Penske Logistics has co-sponsored this report.
- 20th Annual 3PL CEO Survey: This session is based on a survey of leaders of some the largest 3PLs operating in the North America, European and Asia-Pacific regions. It will not only focus on industry dynamics, opportunities and problems, but will also provide CEO revenue projections for the next three years. The survey and its results are researched and analyzed by Dr. Robert Lieb, professor of supply chain management at Northeastern University. Joe Carlier, Penske senior vice president of sales, will join Dr. Lieb in a post-panelist role. Penske Logistics is the sole underwriter of the survey.
- CSCMP 24th Annual State of Logistics Report: During this session, attendees will learn how businesses have been impacted by logistics costs, trends and the economy over the past year. The panel of speakers will include Marc Althen, president of Penske Logistics. This is an update of the report’s unveiling earlier this year. This research is made possible through Penske’s ongoing sponsorship of the report.
- Penske Logistics Whirlpool case study presentation: Penske and Whirlpool will present a case study examining the strategies and business objectives for the creation and development of the Transportation Center for Excellence. It will highlight Whirlpool’s strategy for outsourcing and selecting Penske as a strategic partner, and how the partnership transitioned from transportation management to a higher level. This presentation will be jointly led by Bob Daymon, vice president transportation management at Penske and Liz Hall, senior transportation manager at Whirlpool Corporation.
- Supply chain student career event: Penske Logistics human resources representatives will have a booth at CSCMP’s Student Recruitment Day. According to the conference, supply chain students will be able to discuss employment and internship opportunities. One such promising possibility for graduates is to gain entry to Penske’s prestigious Supply Chain Leadership program, which provides entry-level supply chain graduates with hands-on, real-world operations experience.
By “Move Ahead” Staff